WHY BUY COWS?
WHICH COWS SHOULD I BUY?
WHAT IS EMBRYO TRANSFER?
Our program at Christensen Genetics centers on the science of embryo transfer. Embryo transfer allows us to superovulate a donor cow, mate her to an elite sire via artificial insemination, flush those embryos out of the donor cow, and place them into surrogate or "recipient" cows.
WHERE TO START
1. To improve the genetics of any cow herd, check out our bulls.
2. To start into seedstock production with the best females at the best price, look at our pregnancies.
3. If you're already breeding seedstock and want to introduce outside sires via artificial insemination, see our available semen.
4. Once you're comfortable with AI, if you want to get into embryo transfer, look at the available embryos.
5. With an established embryo transfer program, you may want to add a new donor. If so, take a look at our females.